Each day, search engine giant Google processes over 3 1/2 billion search queries – yes that’s billion, with a B! What’s behind these searches? For businesses, analyzing user behaviors and content that drives these searches can be far more beneficial than you realize. From pricing, branding, the strategy you use to compete, and marketing strategies – closely monitoring your paid search data can help you reap huge rewards.
Creative testing of your search engine marketing (SEM) can inform you in two ways, specifically how to message pricing of your services/goods and how to determine your pricing strategy.
- Variant messages help you determine the most advantageous way to position pricing/discounts. By testing various messages to inform potential customers of pricing and discounts, you can learn what works to your greatest advantage. For instance, consumers often have a different reaction to an ad stating “20% off” in comparison to another ad stating “save $20 when you purchase $100.”
- Determining ideal price point using landing pages. Landing pages can make a huge impact on customers; by launching hypothesis tests in which the only difference on your landing page is price, you can determine your ideal price point (optimum balance of return on ad spend and order volume).
Data based on vertical-specific or overlapping search trends can assist you in several ways, including:
- Revealing what is most liked or disliked by customers with existing products
- Informing how your product(s) fit your market
- Researching the enthusiasm of a product you’re considering launching
Business owners can easily identify customers’ pain points, possible new product features, bugs, and other info by analyzing search query data associated directly with your brand name.
When it comes to brand messaging, marketers can use search data to test potential new approaches so that:
- You grasp the impact of your brand awareness tactics on performance
- You identify various methods to position your brand and continually optimize those methods that are working
- You recognize the tone and purpose of consumers’ interest in your brand
In terms of competition, search engine results pages are a hugely profitable source of data. Performing searches related to your product allows you to:
- Reveal who your competition is
- Identify the weaknesses of your competitors
- Gain an advantage by using your competitors’ weaknesses
It’s vital to monitor your company’s branded search terms, regardless of whether you intend to launch a campaign against your competitors. The easiest way to determine if you have a new competitor is to monitor for increases in your brand CPC (cost per click).
Many Atlanta businesses perceive search marketing as a direct response channel, however it’s much more than that. Analyzing your search data regularly can help you uncover insights that are extremely valuable and may be used throughout your marketing strategy! At EBB Web Design, our search engine marketing experts can help you cut through the maze of data and make SEM work to your advantage!Google+