Is social media one aspect of your total online marketing plan? If it isn’t, it should be. Social media is one of the most effective ways to reach your target audience today; its popularity continues to explode, and there are literally millions (if not billions) participating. If you’re new to the concept of social media marketing, we’ve got a few great tips we think you’ll find useful.
Time and commitment are two things an effective social media campaign require, so don’t give up if you don’t see “overnight” results!
- What are your goals? Before you just jump in there, decide what your objectives and goals are. Do you want to grow your list of subscribers, or increase your website’s rank in search engines for certain keywords? Think carefully about what specifically you want to accomplish.
- Do a little research. Take a close look at what those in your industry are doing; identify those that are influencers, and follow them. FollowerWonk is a great tool to utilize for social media R&D. Who is your core audience? Is Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest or Twitter the best platform for your needs?
- When it comes to content, mix it up. A good content mix is essential for a successful social media strategy. Twitter is ideal for promoting your own content, while Facebook is a good platform for asking questions. A blog allows you to post news, offer up case studies and question your readers about their needs/problems.
- Put someone in charge of content production. Sometimes, “too many cooks in the kitchen” can mean disaster. Your message may become confused. Whether it’s one, two or more who will be responsible for your content, make sure they’re all on the same page, and that they’re doing their job in terms of research and content development.
- Stay on schedule. Social media marketing cannot be accomplished through a hit-and-miss approach. You can’t just throw something out there whenever the mood strikes and hope it will stick. Create a schedule, jot down ideas when they come to you, set aside a certain time of day that you will engage. Consider social media an essential “task,” just as you would posting to your blog or writing an article.
Yes, social media marketing does take work – but the rewards are definitely worth the effort when done right! Use these tips in your strategy, and see your online success reach new heights.
E.B.B. Interactive is a full service social media marketing agency based in Atlanta and Honolulu, and serves clients nationwide. Do you need help with your social media portfolio? Give us a call at 877-323-0661 for a free consultation and a walk-through of our social media portfolio. Let us take your company into the social realm!Google+