As a team of highly capable Honolulu online marketing professionals, we’re constantly surprised that so many companies tend to focus on one thing. That one thing may be their website, blog, or social media, but the thing is, it’s important to diversify your online marketing efforts. Sure, building trust with potential customers should be top priority, but you have to get the traffic before you have any customers!
Here are 5 tips to improve your online marketing in 2014:
- Your website is a piece of real estate online that you are truly in control of. Your website is where it all begins, and all ends. Include helpful, informative content for potential customers; when you have news or updates, make sure it goes on your website first.
- Perform basic SEO. Search engine optimization sounds frightening, but it’s really not that difficult. While some marketers think SEO will solve all of their website’s problems, this isn’t the case considering search engines such as Google change their algorithms constantly. If you “stuff” your site’s pages with keywords, stop – and don’t buy links or try to collect as many as possible, regardless of whether they’re relevant. Basically, provide unique, engaging content the contains relevant search terms, but focus on the reader when writing content. Links should come from relevant sites, from those who want to link to your great content. Links obtained “naturally” are what you’re looking for, not forced links.
- Go local. It’s important today to increase your local presence, and about one third of all searches on Google include keywords for a particular place or locality. Today, Google+ and Google Places have combined to deliver what searchers want. Create a Google+ page for your company, and set up a Google+ Local account as part of your strategy to become more visible for those shopping for information/products locally.
- Get involved in social media. Engaging with customers and your community is important for increasing brand awareness and trust in your company. Determine which networks make the most sense for your business, create a posting plan, and see what social media can do for your business’s success this year!
- Finally, analyze. Unless you monitor and analyze your online marketing efforts, how do you know what strategies are working? You don’t. Set up analytics reporting on social media networks and your website so that you can review what visitors are doing, which content seems to be attracting the most visitors, etc. When you know what’s working, you can do more of it – and less of what isn’t so effective.
There are lots of challenges online today for businesses, but developing an online marketing strategy shouldn’t be one of them. At EBB Web Design, our Honolulu internet marketing team is cutting-edge and capable. Let us help you reach the top online!Google+