The internet has made it possible for small companies, corporations and even affiliate marketers to take their business all around the world in mere seconds. Maybe you’ve heard of MySQL and know what it is, or thought it sounded a bit too technical to even worry yourself with. Regardless, this database management system used for developing websites is one of the most popular and powerful today.
What are the advantages of using MySQL for web design and development? There are many, but we’ll cover a few here.
- Uniqueness and functionality. A wide array of scripting projects are possible when using MySQL web hosting, including galleries, statistics, administration, shopping and travel sites, portfolios, even job boards. Dynamic content is easily produced due to the customization of individual scripting projects.
- Cost effective, high speed performance. MySQL is compatible with all browsers and systems today, giving users a great experience due to high speed and performance. This means your visitor won’t quickly leave because your site is taking too long to load. MySQL is extremely cost effective as well.
- High reliability, ease of use. Considering the innovative applications popular today, MySQL offers the flexibility essential to let you be in complete control, whether you’re a newbie or an experienced developer. Linux, Solaris, Windows and Mac OS are a few of the platforms MySQL runs on. High-volume websites are powered by this open source database including Zappos, Google and Facebook!
- Highly customizable. Coding can be amended by developers to suit the needs or requirements of the business.
- Extremely secure. As a relational database, MySQL offers exceptional security. Unauthorized access to the system is restricted because access passwords are stored in a format that is encrypted, as are transactions, preventing data from being harvested by eavesdroppers.
- Extensive support and resource forums. A huge benefit to the user is that plenty of support can be found regarding MySQL online, including resources forums. Developers also enjoy extensive database tools.
Is MySQL web development a good fit for your company or organization? These are just a few of the many advantages of using this highly popular open source database.Google+