For years, SEOs and website design companies have often engaged in a battle, each claiming the other isn’t such a big deal. What’s with all of the bashing, and why can’t we all just get along? Most likely it’s because companies on both sides want the business – and really, clients don’t care about each side’s opinion. Their top priority is having an appealing website that offers great usability, that effectively represents their company and brand, and that ranks highly for their most important keywords or search terms.
Because we are Atlanta web designers and focus on SEO as well, we understand the importance of both great design and implementing effective search engine optimization strategies. Unfortunately, we also know that there are companies that claim to be professionals, yet don’t do a good job. Just like in every other industry, there are a few “bad eggs” that can shed a negative light on the entire industry. We know that if you want your website to enjoy a good amount of targeted traffic AND convert well, both cutting-edge web design and smart SEO practices are essential.
Here’s our take on the best practices for both website design and SEO:
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly, and loads in no more than 5 to 10 seconds
- Take those who are visually impaired into consideration when designing your site
- Stick to the latest Web standards
- Simple navigation is critical
- Google recommends those who have similar interactions by users on both mobile devices and desktops to embrace an approach which is mobile-first responsive
- Today, social media and author authority are key in an effective SEO strategy
- Link building should focus on building quality, natural links that are relevant – never forced
- Keywords are still essential, but they must be used intelligently – keyword stuffing and over-optimization are dead in the water
- Mobile-specific keyword research is important, because these users are “on-the-go” and often shorten search terms
Ultimately, the best approach to success on the web is a blend of both great website design and an SEO campaign that takes all of the recent changes into consideration.
At EBB Web Design, our Atlanta website design firm offers a team of in-the-know professionals who specialize in various areas of achieving greater visibility and brand awareness on the web. Contact us today for unsurpassed results!Google+