As a highly experienced SEO firm, we know that blog marketing can be an extremely important component of your overall marketing plan. Blogs are loved by search engines, because they offer up fresh content on a regular basis. People love them because they reveal a bit of personality, humor, even controversy on occasion. If you are blogging as part of your overall marketing strategy, how can you make your posts more ‘sticky,’ and what the heck does that mean anyway?
‘Sticky’ simply means that you retain visitors on your website by providing them with engaging content. In other words, the topic is so memorable and the content so compelling, those who come to your blog will think, “I gotta read this!” whether they have time or not.
So, how can you write sticky posts? Here are a few tips:
- Write a relevant, simple title that is strong and delivers a direct message. The title determines whether your visitor will read the rest of the post!
- Let your visitor know right away that the post will be easy to read. Short, concise sentences are best. Write in a conversational tone, including a little slang or humor every now and then. Let your unique personality shine through.
- Engage the reader. Be human – people like to know that there is a real person behind the writing. Make it exciting, use contractions and quotes. Informative, fresh content makes for good reading.
- Let your visitor know there’s more great stuff coming. To hold the interest of your reader, use language like, “But here’s what’s really going on . . ” and other phrases that will capture their attention and compel them to keep reading. Don’t do this too often though, or it becomes obvious to the reader.
- Make the good stuff easy to find. Most people, even though you may offer killer content, simply scan it so they can pick out what they want to read most. Language helps you accomplish this as we were talking about in the above point. Bullet points and sub-headings also help structure your content in sections so readers can easily scan the page.
It would be nice if every post were “sticky,” but that’s not reality. When you’re writing a post on a particularly hot topic and want to engage your readers, keep the tips above in mind.
Blog marketing can be highly effective for attracting traffic and engaging your audience, which results in increased leads and sales – but you have to do it right!
At E.B.B. Interactive, our Hawaii SEO company consists of a team of experts in every area of marketing online from SEO, web design and email marketing to social media, mobile marketing and more. Let us make your company more visible online!Google+