Nothing is more frustrating than having tons of visitors to your site, but few buyers. You work so hard to increase targeted traffic and when it does pick up, you’re disappointed to see that sales remain slow. How can you turn your website visitors into buyers? Here are a few tips for convincing your visitor that your product/service is the best solution, and that he/she should act now.
- Attract potential buyers. Obviously, your website should be optimized for the right keywords. Do a bit of research to determine which keyword phrases will attract the specific audience you are trying to target, and be specific. Long-tail keywords may attract more buyers than general keywords – and optimize for your city if your business applies only to a local audience.
- Stand out from the competition. You have to differentiate yourself from your competition in order to experience a high level of success and convert visitors to buyers. Highlight the advantages of your product/service. Demonstrate how your product is better or different in some way from the rest. Is your business better, faster or more reliable? Let your visitors know!
- Grab visitors’ attention immediately. Once you’ve determined the specific keywords your visitors use to find your site and the solution they’re looking for, use those keywords in the first headline on your page. Let your visitors know instantly that you have what they’re looking for.
- Don’t forget to build trust in your company. With the numerous scams online, it’s essential that visitors who come to your website trust you and your product/service. Help them build that trust by removing as many risks as possible. Share any technologies you use to make your website secure, logos such as BBB if your are a member, or other associations you belong to.
- Take away potential barriers. All too often there are barriers or objections that will make your visitor think twice about buying. If you know what the potential objections are, address them in your website copy. Make it as easy as possible for your visitor to take the desired action.
- Make it easy for your visitor to take action in as few steps as possible. It is crucial that you have a clear call to action, and that it’s easy for your visitor to take this action. If you sell products, checkout should be a simple process. If your desired action is for your visitor to sign up to your list, offer something of value for free and make signing up easy.
It really isn’t that hard to turn your website visitors into buyers. Make your offer appealing, set your product/service apart from the rest, build your visitors’ trust, remove any possible barriers that may be a stumbling block between your visitor and a sale. Do these things, and it’s likely you will see far better conversion rates!Google+